Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions for Southend Sound and Light
1. Cancellation Policy: Booking deposits will not be refunded under any circumstances.
2. Paying a deposit for your event or function is a binding guarantee of contract and reservation of your date.
3. The client / hirer is responsible for any damage to our equipment caused by any person at your event. You will
be charged for the full cost of any repairs, or replacements required and advised of any damage as soon as it is
4. Unscheduled overtime is charged at £15 per fifteen minutes before midnight and £25 per fifteen minutes after
midnight. This is payable upfront and only with the venue’s agreement.
5. Charitable Discounts are 25% of the base rate not including any travel surcharges or overtime.
6. We do not tolerate violent, aggressive or abusive behaviour. We also reserve the right to terminate our services
at any time that we feel our personal safety is threatened. You will be advised of any problems that we may have
in this respect.
7. In the event of fire, flooding or any other threat to the public, we will not be responsible for evacuating the
venue or building where we are present and / or working within, unless the fire regulations for the venue specify
otherwise. This would usually incur a vocal announcement.
8. We require a minimum of one hour to enter a venue and set up prior to the start time and also 45 minutes
minimum time allowance at the end of the night to pack up. This may be increased for larger events.
9. Equipment will not generally be left at a venue overnight unless hired as part of a long term dry hire which is to
be agreed prior to hire.
10. If you are booking other entertainment as well as hiring ourselves, please consider the amount of space available
and where you are going to put the equipment and cases.
11. It is the responsibility of the hirer to make sure that there is an adequate provision of electrical power within ten
metres of our set-up point. We require a minimum of 2 x 13amp outlets dedicated purely for our equipment (not
in the form of an extension lead). Any damage caused to our equipment by an inadequate power supply or
power interruption is the responsibility of the hirer. The hirer/client is fully responsible for any damage caused to
the equipment caused by the use of noise limiters and the subsequent cut off and reintroduction of power
without our consultation.
12. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure equipment booked is suitable for use at the event venue. No refunds,
part or full, will be given for non-use of specific equipment that cannot be used due to any venue restrictions
imposed. Not all equipment is designed to fit through narrow doorways and/ or up staircases (stairs are charged
at £5 per flight). This surcharge is due to any extra time we are required to be at the venue. It is the customer’s
responsibility to inform us of any access restrictions that may impede set up or restrict equipment use. This
includes noise level restrictions and smoke machines.
13. Only staff employed by us may operate our equipment or the hirer once trained by ourselves. Under no
circumstances may unauthorised personnel tamper, move or attempt to use equipment owned by ourselves. We
cannot accept responsibility for damage to property, or injury to persons caused directly by third party
14. All equipment that is used is checked prior to arrival and has been fully tested for safety by a qualified electrical
engineer. If we are linking our equipment within a fixed in-house audio system, we reserve the right to refuse to
do so if the equipment is considered to be unsafe or liable to cause damage to any component linked to it. The
hirer is liable if post inspections prove that damage has been caused by faulty equipment other than ours.
15. Parking is required for one vehicle, as near to the performance area as possible. Any parking fees, tolls or
congestion charges are to be paid for by the hirer.
16. All bookings should be taken on the understanding that the venue is in possession of the necessary
entertainment & liquor licenses. We are not responsible if the venue is found to be in breach of the terms of their
17. Venue Owners and / or Operator Conditions: It is a condition under the Public Liability Insurance Policy that the
venues which the Insured may work, have in force their own Public Liability Insurance for the duration of the
Insured's use thereof and during periods required before and after such use for setting up, taking down,
rehearsals, sound checks and any other preparations.
18. Under Health & Safety laws, we can withdraw or refuse to perform in any unsafe building, access or venue where
the safety of our representatives or the public may be jeopardised. In this unlikely event the booking will be
terminated and the full booking fee payable.
19. The technicians and their assistants will conduct themselves in a professional manner throughout their
attendance at the venue, and will respond to the Management's requests as to volume, location of equipment
and any other reasonable requests.
20. We reserve the right to use any photography taken during the hire period for promotional purposes unless
otherwise advised by the customer.
21. We reserve the right to alter any or all of the above at any time. E & OE.